Claire de la Varre
Education and qualifications
- 2022 OMNI Designated Certification Instructor
- 2021 Hypnotherapy Supervisor certificate
- 2020 Human Givens Practitioner Diploma (UK) – Psychotherapist
- 2017 Advanced Integrative Therapy Practitioner Certification
- 2015 Facilitator Training for Rape Crisis/Domestic Violence Survivors
- 2012 PhD Educational Psychology, University of North Carolina (dual focus: online learning and child/adolescent development and disability)
- 2011 National Guild of Hypnotists – Certified Instructor
- 2010 Certified Transactional Analysis Practitioner
- 2008 National Guild of Hypnotists – Consulting Hypnotist. Trained by Ron Eslinger and opened a part-time private practice.
- 2000 Master of Science in Information Science, University of North Carolina
- 1986 Bachelor of Science in General Science, St Andrews University, Scotland
I first learned to hypnotise after seeing a paediatrician on TV working with asthmatic children to calm anxiety, when I was 16. I tested a simple balloon induction on the kids I was babysitting at the time and was surprised that it worked so well! Once I got to university, I expanded my hypnosis repertoire and was regularly hypnotising my flat mates for fun – with their full permission, of course!
In 2011, the year I was certified as a hypnosis instructor with the NGH, I became the first hypnotist in the United States to advertise on the social media marketing platforms Groupon and Living Social. I gained 128 new clients in two days and my business exploded! I made the leap to being a professional hypnotist with a full-time private practice. I have been in my current location in Chapel Hill, North Carolina since 2013.
In 2015 I collaborated with colleague Dr. Jim Beck of the University of North Carolina School of Dentistry to open a hypnosis clinic for anxious patients. As word spread that there was a hypnosis clinic at the university, I started to see child and adolescent clients referred to me from pediatric gastroenterology, with functional bowel disorders. This remains a specialty of mine. Sadly, the clinic closed in 2018.
I was lucky to be able to take the OMNI Basic to Advanced training co-taught by Jerry Kein and Hansruedi Wipf in 2015. This was one of Jerry’s last classes.
Between 2017 and 2020 I trained as a psychotherapist in the UK and during the pandemic I moved back to my home country of Scotland, where I now live and work for part of the year.
I love, love, love hypnosis and wish more people would consult a hypnotist as a first instead of a last option when something is wrong. I am excited to be an OMNI instructor and look forward to working with you!
Claire de la Varre
What can we do for you?
OMNI HYPNOSIS INTERNATIONAL
The leading global organization focused on professional hypnosis education and training with more than 50 locations in 20 countries.
© 2022 OMNI Hypnosis International - All rights reserved.